OUTSIDE 29 E Ohio St
Chicago, IL — 60611
- Must I purchase tickets in advance? Yes. TICKETS are $50 per person. Full payment required to confirm reservation.
- Need to reschedule? There is a $5 rescheduling fee per ticket if you cancel your reservation with at least 24 hours notice. You may not cancel your reservation with less than 24 hours before your tour. All fees must be paid in full to confirm your reservation. All sales are final.
- How do I book a private tour? We offer flexible tour dates and times. We can accommodate all group sizes and topping requests. Call to make arrangements.
- Where does the tour start? The tour starts at 29 E. Ohio Street outside of Pizzeria Uno.
- Where does the tour end? The tour ends at Giordano's, 730 N. Rush Street, just west of Chicago's Magnificent Mile.
- Public transportation available? The CTA Red Line Grand Avenue stop (at Grand and State) is 2 blocks from the tour's starting location (29 E Ohio St).
- May I tip the tour guide? Yes. The tour guides appreciate the recognition.
- What should I bring on the tour? We encourage you to wear comfortable walking shoes, temperature appropriate clothing, water, a camera and an appetite for Chicago style pizza.
- Do you offer any other tours? Yes. Please join us on Chicago Crime Tours, Chicago's legit crime tour.
- Is there a gluten free option? No, none of the pizzerias offer gluten free pizza.
- Does weather affect the tour? Slice of Chicago Pizza Tours, at its exclusive option, reserves the right to cancel any specific tour due to extreme weather conditions and will offer customers a credit for a future tour. Tours run rain or shine. Please wear comfortable walking shoes and dress weather appropriate.
- How long is the tour? Approximately 2 hours.
- How far will we walk? Approximately 1.2 miles.
- Which pizzerias will we visit? 3 of the following 4 pizzerias: Pizzeria Uno, Quartino, Pizzeria Ora, and Giordano's. This is an urban walking tour where we eat outside at 2 pizzerias and indoors at 1 location.
- How much and what type of pizza will we eat? Everyone will have a sample, but not full size piece of cheese pizza from each restaurant. You will not enter a pizza "food coma," but you will have the opportunity to sample and compare multiple pizza styles.
- How many people will be on the tour? Each general tour has a maximum limit and tours fill up fast. Private tours may be customized for most group sizes. Call to schedule any date and starting time, subject to availability. Group rates are available.
- Who would enjoy the tour? The tour is great for anyone who wants to sample Chicago's pizza, learn about its rich history and taste its savory flavors.
- Who provides the drinks? We highly recommend that you bring a bottle of water. Water is served at the indoor location and drinks are available for purchase at each location.
- Are restrooms available on the tour? Please use the bathroom before the tour starts. The second pizzeria has restrooms.
- Are the tours wheelchair accessible? All are invited to participate on the tour. Please let us know in advance if you have any accessibility needs or requests. We would love to work with you.
- How are the pizzerias selected? We selected the pizzerias based on their historical significance, uniqueness and great taste.
- Kid friendly? We are a family and kid friendly tour. Children age 5 or under do not have to purchase a ticket if they do not plan on eating their own piece of pizza. The adult who accompanies them may share their piece with the child. When you call to reserve your space, please specify the number of children under 5 who will accompany you and who do not intend to eat their own piece of pizza. Children age 5 or under who want their own samples must pay general admission. Everyone over age 5 must pay the general admission price.